|“Driving Improvements for the Cleared Workforce Through Innovation and Collaboration”
Join PSC as we explore the government’s on-going transformational actions for the cleared workforce and discuss additional improvements that can be achieved through mutual innovation and collaboration.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- C-Suite with cleared personnel
- Security executives
- Human Resources executives
- Executives providing solutions to the IC, Defense, Homeland Security and Justice
Trusted Workforce 2.0 Panel (TW2.0): Discussants will address impacts of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to TW2.0 elements such as personnel vetting, insider threat, and Continuous Evaluation (CE) / Continuous Vetting (CV).
State of CE/CV implementation Panel: Discussants will address the state of CE/CV across various departments and agencies that are “enrolled” and discuss what “enrolled” means to these agencies. Panelists will also discuss initiatives in advance of the national level CV guidance/doctrine coming out and what CE/CV looks like over the horizon in the new normal.
Navigating through COVID with regard to hiring and clearing personnel: Discussants will address COVID lessons learned to inform hiring/clearing personnel in a new normal along with best practices and which new tools/methods will be kept.
9:00 AM - 9:15 AM
Ryan McDermott, Vice President, Defense & Intelligence, PSC
Alan Chvotkin, EVP and Council, PSC
9:15 AM - 10:00 AM
Panel: Trusted Workforce 2.0
- Christy Wilder, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, Assistant Director, Background Investigations
- Brian Dunbar, National Counterintelligence and Security Center, Assistant Director, Special Security Directorate
- Moderator: Michael Londregan, Perspecta
15 MINUTE BREAK
10:15 AM - 11:00 AM
Panel: State of CE/CV implementation
- Heather Green, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, Director of Vetting Risk Operations Center
- Charlie Margiotta, Federal Bureau of Investigations, Deputy Assistant Director, and Joint Duty Assignment at the National Counterintelligence and Security Center, Director, National Insider Threat Task Force
- Charles B. Sowell, iWorks Corporation, Chief Operating Officer
- Moderator: Alan Chvotkin, Professional Services Council, EVP & Counsel
15 MINUTE BREAK
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM
Panel: Navigating through COVID with regard to hiring and clearing personnel
- Jeannine Hamilton Director, Personnel Security at U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Mark Sherwin, Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency, Deputy Associate Director-Background Investigations Field Operations
- Moderator: Angela Deabler, Perspecta
Wrap-up and Adjourn
PSC POLICY LEAD
Ryan P. McDermott
Vice President, Defense and Intelligence
Ryan McDermott is the Vice President for Defense and Intelligence for the Professional Services Council (PSC). Prior to PSC, he served as Principal Director for Manufacturing and Industrial Base Policy in the Department of Defense. Ryan is a graduate of the United States Military Academy. He holds a MBA from the Darden Graduate School of Business and a MA in Security Studies from the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University.
September 29, 2020
9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Free for members
$250 for nonmembers